1) Chipotle powder, olive oil, lime juice and lime zest should be mixed together in a bowl.
2) The shrimp needs to be placed in the mixture. (You need to ensure that every piece is coated properly)
3) Take microwave-safe plates and paper towels must be placed over the plates.
4) The bacon pieces need to be spread over the [paper towels and another set of towels should be used to cover the bacon.
5) The next step is microwaving on high for 2 minutes and stop when the bacon fat starts melting. (You must ensure that the bacon remains pliable)
6) A grill has to be prepared over direct heat (high) and if you are using oven, it must be preheated to 450 Degrees Fahrenheit.
7) A half piece of cooked (partially) bacon should be wrapped around each piece of shrimp. (You must focus on doing it one by one).
8) In case of grilling, shrimp must be threaded onto skewers (flat ones). If you are using an oven, you can use toothpicks instead of skewers.
9) A slotted baking pan that is lined with foil needs to be chosen and the bacon wrapped shrimp should be placed onto the pan.
10) Lime chipotle mixture has to be spread on the outside part of the bacon shrimp.
11) It needs to be grilled uncovered for three minutes. (In the oven, you must bake for 4 to 5 minutes. (The bacon should be cooked through and it has to turn brown as well).