1. Prepare a large pot over the stove in medium heat. First melt the butter in the large pot.
2. Then add the garlic and the onions and cook them until the onions become translucent. Make sure the onions are chopped and the garlic is minced before throwing into the potThis may take up to 5 minutes.
3. Now stir in the cubed potatoes and chopped carrots. Cook this for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the chicken broth until the mixture starts to boil.
5. Stir in the cauliflower then reduce the heat. Cover the pot and let it simmer until the vegetables are tender. This should be another 10-20 minutes. Afterwards, remove the hit.
6. In batches, start to puree your vegetables in a blender or food processor. If you have an immersion blender you can do the blending directly in the pot.
7. Once done with the blending, return the low heat and add in the milk, salt, pepper, nutmeg and sherry. Heat through the mixture.
8. Serve the garlic soup with parsley on top.