1) The oven has to be preheated to 400 Degree Fahrenheit.
2) The eggplants must be cut in half lengthwise. (The cut side of the plants needs to be scored in a crosshatch pattern (in lines with a space having one inch) using a sharp knife and the skin sides of the plants should be poked with a fork’s tines).
3) A sheet pan has to be lined with a foil and olive oil needs to be spread over the bottom side of the sheet pan.
4) Salt must be sprinkled in an even manner.
5) The eggplants have to be put on the pan cut side down.
6) The pan should be placed in the oven and cooked for 35 minutes. (Make sure that the plants are fully cooked and turned soft).
7) Allow the plants to cool down and then, the tough outer skin must be peeled off and discarded.
8) The bell pepper must be coated with olive oil and put into a broiler pan for broiling on all asides. (Make sure that the pepper skin becomes fully blackened).
9) Then, the bell pepper should be placed in a bowl and for steaming purposes; the bowl has to be covered with a plate.
10) When it cools down, the charred outer must be peeled off and, seeds and stems should also be removed.
11) Bell pepper, eggplant and garlic have to be pulsed in a food processor. (You need to ensure that the mixture becomes smooth)
12) The mixture has to be transferred to a large bowl and, pepper, basil, salt, balsamic vinegar and olive oil must be whisked in.
13) This dish can be served with crostini, crackers and pita chips.