1) First of all, asparagus must be placed in a steamer basket.
2) Then, it should be placed in a small saucepan over 1-inch of water.
3) It should be brought to a boil.
4) You have to cover it and steamed for 2-3 minutes. (Stop when it becomes crisp-tender).
5) Set aside.
6) A saucepan needs to be taken and broth must be heated and kept warm.
7) A nonstick large skillet (coated with cooking spray) has to be taken and onion must be sautéed until it becomes tender.
8) The next step is to add rice and you have to cook for 2-3 minutes while stirring.
9) Heat needs to be reduced and, pepper, salt and wine have to be stirred in.
10) They must be cooked and stirred. (Stop when the liquid is absorbed).
11) Heated broth should be added (1/2 cup at a time) and stirring in constant manner. (You have to make sure that the liquid is absorbed between additions).
12) It should be cooked for 20 minutes until the rice becomes tender and risotto becomes creamy.
13) The reserved asparagus, peas and the spinach must be added and cooked until heated through.
14) It can be served immediately.