1) The Japanese eggplants should be sliced in half on a lengthwise basis.
2) The inside surface of the eggplant needs to be scored using cross hatch pattern.
3) The plants must be placed on a tray and slat has to be sprinkled on the scored side. (It is being done to eliminate the excess moisture from the plants).
4) Set aside for 20 minutes.
5) The grill needs to be prepared. (High direct heat)
6) All tahini ingredients must be added to a mini chopper and they should be pulsed to become a smooth mixture.
7) The eggplants need to be patted dried using a paper towel.
8) The inside part has to be brushed using olive oil.
9) When the grill becomes hot, the eggplant halves have to be placed in the grill. (You must place them cut side down and press a bit to have better contact)
10) They must be grilled for 3 to 5 minutes and make sure that the cut side is properly browned and seared.
11) Then, they need to be flipped over for cooking the other side.
12) You can keep them on the grill for 2 minutes. (Ensure that they are cooked well).
13) Olive oil should be brushed on the plants and transferred to plate for serving with tahini sauce. .
14) You can garnish with Thai basil.