1) The grill should be set up for high heat and one part must be exposed to indirect heat.
2) Then, two boats must be made using aluminum foil.
3) The foil must be triple layered and a rim needs to be made on the edges (1-inch)
4) The bottom side of the boat has to be coated using olive oil. (It is being done to eliminate the sticking problems while cooking the trout).
5) The trout must be rinsed using water and they should be pat dried.
6) Then, you have to sprinkle with pepper and salt after opening up the fish.
7) The lemon slices need to be placed inside the trout and you must do it in a single layer.
8) They should be topped using dill and butter.
9) The fish needs to be closed (over the stuffing).
10) Olive oil has to be used for brushing on the two sides of the fish and then, trout should be placed in the foil.
11) The fish boats must be placed on grills’ hot part and they should be covered and cooked for 3 minutes. (You can stop when the oil and juice become foamy)
12) The fish must be taken to the grill’s side that is exposed to indirect heat and, covered and cooked for another 3 to 5 minutes.
13) Take it out when the trout is cooked through. (You can have a look at the inside part of the fish to determine the doneness).