1) The oven needs to be preheated to 425 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Take a large cast-iron skillet.
3) It should be heated over high heat.
4) Pepper and salt must be sprinkled over the steaks in an even way.
5) Oil needs to be added to pan.
6) It should be swirled to coat.
7) Now, the steaks must be added.
8) The next step is to cook for 4 minutes.
9) The steaks have to be turned over.
10) Then, they must be baked for 5 minutes at 425 Degrees. (You need to make sure that the desired degree of doneness is achieved).
11) The steaks have to be removed from the pan.
12) The skillet has to be heated over medium to high heat.
13) Shallots must be added.
14) They should be sauteed 2 minutes and make sure that they become tender.
15) You need to stir in a frequent manner.
16) The star anise and cherries have to be added.
17) You need to cook for 1 minute.
18) Wine should be added.
19) It should be brought to a boil and cooked for 3 minutes. (Make sure that it is slightly thickened).
20) Star anise must be discarded.
21) Butter has to be stirred in.
22) The sauce should be spooned over steaks.