1) Oil needs to be heated in a large saucepan and the heat needs to be kept at medium.
2) Garlic and onion should be added.
3) They must be cooked for a few minutes and then, you have to add the curry powder.
4) Again, cook for an additional 2 minutes.
5) Stock, celery and carrots have to be added.
6) They must be brought to a boil and heat should be reduced.
7) Then, they need to be simmered for 30 minutes in a gentle way. (You can stop when the carrots become tender)
8) Set aside a cool a little and then, the mixture has to be pureed in a blender in batches. (If you don’t have a blender, you can use a handheld liquidizer)
9) The soup has to be reheated.
10) Pepper and salt should be used to season.
11) A dollop of creme fraiche and a sprinkling of chives can be used to garnish before serving.