1) In a large pan, oil has to be heated and beef must be browned in batches.
2) Then, you can remove the beef to a plate after reserving the juices. (If your slow cooker is equipped with browning function, you can make use of it)
3) Remaining oil, galangal, chilies, garlic, chopped lemongrass and half of the coriander should be whizzed in a food processor to create a rough paste.
4) The slow cooker must be turned to high and the paste needs to be heated for a few minutes.
5) Then, beef has to be added and you have to add all other ingredients except lime juice and remaining coriander.
6) The cooker should be turned to low and cooked for 8 hours. (You can stop when the meat starts falling away from the bone.
7) If you are using beef ribs, bones have to be removed from the beef before shredding it with 2 forks.
8) If you feel that the sauce is thin, it can be strained off and boiled to reduce.
9) Lime juice and remaining coriander must be stirred in before seasoning with sugar or fish sauce.